FITTING INSTRUCTIONS – (Lead not included in the package)
(1) Adjust harness to maximum size by extending the Slide “B” up to control ring and keeper “A”.
(2) Adjust the collar strap evenly to fit over the dogs’ head with the slip lock slides at “I” and “J” to allow the neckpiece to be passed over the dogs’ head. The double ring “C” at the rear. Ensure this is comfortable with the crossover in the middle of the dog’s chest “H” and the Ring “G” is directly above this crossover.
(3) Adjust straps “E” and “F” and ensure they are even then pass one foreleg through, then the other.
(4) Ensure the simulated fur sleeves are under the dogs’ forelegs.
(5) Move the slide “B” up to the “T” Bar “C” to secure the Harness and it is now ready for use.
(6) The simulated faux fur sleeves are stitched to hold them in position. Adjusting the neckpiece should move and position the sleeves correctly.
(7) The lead can by attached to the control ring “A” or the excess strap may be used as a lead.
(8) When exercising lead free or the dog is to be released tuck the excess fabric under the elastic loop “D”. If the dog is to be given exuberant exercise it is sometimes better if the harness is removed.
(a) STOPS PULLING instantly, aids heelwork keeping the dog close to heel. The Stop Pull Harness (new Design) can be used in conjunction with The Juster or Handy Lead, the Dual Action Lead and ideally with the Snap on Kombi Collar.
(b) JUSTER LEAD AND KOMBI. With medium and large dogs walked on the left, attach the Juster Lead to the Kombi Collar and hold the lead in the right hand. This will control the head of the dog. With the left hand hold the excess fabric on the Stop Pull Harness and this will stop the dog forging forward. It also assists with control and pulling. This method is very effective with strong and/or excitable dogs.
(c) DUAL ACTION LEAD and KOMBI. See (b). Clip one trigger hook to the Kombi and the other to the control ring “A” on the Stop Pull harness. This is the ultimate for control and is a proven, tested and tried method of keeping dogs at heel, under control and maintaining maximum safety.
(d) The Stop Pull Harness when fitted, in training and even if it is not connected to a lead or held by the handle still has a calming effect on the majority of excitable dogs.
OFF THE LEAD EXERCISE
When the dog is to be exercised off the lead for a short period the excess harness fabric may be folded as below. For energetic exercise the harness should be removed.
LARGE: Rottie, Labrador, Malamute, Anatolian, Dalmatian, Retriever, Ridgeback, Bernese,
Bloodhound, Gt .Schnauzer, Bulldog, Boxer, Mastiff, Deerhound, Samoyed, Setter, E.Bull Terrier,
Rough Collie, Chow, Doberman, Pointer, Vizla, Husky, Akita, Spinone, Leonburger, Munsterlander,
Newfoundland, Pyranean, large Spaniel, Std Poodle, Weirmaraner, Airdale, Gt. Dane, Greyhound.
MEDIUM: Collies, Basset, Beardy, Beagle, Std. Dachs, Larger Terriers, Kerry Blue, Poodle, Std.
Schnauzer, Sheltie, Cocker, Springer, Staffie, Corgi, larger Whippet, puppies of the larger breeds.
SMALL: Small Terriers and Collies, Min. Poodle, King Charles, Min Dachs. Pug, Lhaso Apso, Min
Schnauzer, Papillion, Pekinese, Shih Tzu, Vallhund, Westie and other small puppies.
From SW Leeds
This is my second Stop Pull harness and they are absolutely brilliant.
I would recommend them to anyone.